Mary Carol Anne Soup

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

HERE'S TO THE MOTHERS...

A special day is upon us - devoted to all 'Mothers' and I want to share something my daughter gave me several years ago ......

THANK YOU
Thank you for stocking me up with poems and tunes to last me all my life.
Thank you for showing me the setting sun for the first time.
And scrunching down winter beaches.
Thank you for letting me bring home rocks and shells and fallen branches.
Thank you for housing my frogs..
Thank you for the excitement of being alive.
Thanks for never saying, "I told you so."
Well -- not often.
Thank you for always being there.
Not intrusively. Not demandingly.
There.
Availavle at all hours for advice on coughs, spelling, good books, stains, Mozart, friends, presents, using librairies, crossword
clues.
Et al.
Packed and ready to come if needed.
At once.
Shoulder to cry on.
Someone to tell the news.
Someone to laugh at the Funny.
Someone with an inexhaustible supply of love.
Whatever I've done.
Always.

I treasure these words, and I'm sure you all have similar stories .
HERE'S TO US - MOTHERS OF THE WORLD!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Happy Mother's Day MCA

You are a true gem amongst all the pebbles!!!

Hope you get spoiled and adored!!!

xoxo, Nic

7:49 PM, May 09, 2007  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Happy Day with children and grandchildren MMCA!

Are You enjoying the hockeygame between Canada and Sweden?

(( hugs ))

12:30 PM, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Mother Mary Carol Anne said...

Hi Nic - long time no see!!!
Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes - I anticipate a great day relaxing at my son's, with half of my family there - it is almost impossible to get everyone together anymore, life certainly gets complicated..
Hope you are treated royally on this day - pay back time baby!!!!

5:09 PM, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Mother Mary Carol Anne said...

And how is Anna-lys ---
Yes, I am thoroughly enjoying the Hockey tournament - Sorry, Canada beat Sweden -and they will play Finland on Sunday for the Gold. Now that's a surprise - Russia was the favorite -
Thank you for the sentiments - I shall have a great day - any day with my family is great, and so enjoyable!!!
((hugs to you))
mca

5:28 PM, May 12, 2007  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Congrats!!!!
Even if I feel a little beaten :-(

2:34 AM, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home